Packing can be a pain in the neck and after trying to help my mother pack this morning for her trip to the beach I realized that maybe more people can face this issue: “Overpacking”
I’m not telling you to go a week of holidays empty-handed (but if you have done that probably you have a great story to tell) but spending a week on the beach should be to relax, not to carry 2 heavy suitcases along.
Here you have my recommendations for a nicely packed suitcase:
– Everybody is different. What I might think is a staple you may think is dispensable.
– I travel alone or with my significant other. I do not have kids or pets.
– If you need any medicine or medical equipment that should be your first thing to pack!
– Take into consideration the weather. This list is for a trip to the south of Spain. No rain or cold will interfere with the holidays (34º C is normal during the day, 93ºF).
For a week out, taking into account 2 days of tour or trekking, 2 nights out (weekend) and 5 days of beach.
– Two dresses to go out, they are easy to pack and only need to combine with shoes.
– Three bikinis or bathing suits in case you get bored or you change from beach to swimming pool.
– A pareo or beach wrap, really comfy to walk around the beach.
– Short jeans and other pair of shorts, as they are really good for beach or walking.
– A skirt.
– Five or six shirts to pair with the pants and skirt, good for the beach and to walk around.
– Sandals for the dresses, flip flops for the beach and sneakers for the touring days.
Depending on if you go to apartment, hotel or hostel you will need different things.
– Shower gel and shampoo (Try to use one with hydrating properties).
– Toothpaste, toothbrush and dental floss.
– Hair comb ( a must have after the beach and salty water!)
– Hydrating cream for face.
– And this depends on personal preference: a razor, wax bands, depilatory cream or a depilatory machine.
– Towel for the beach, most apartments and hotels provide you with towels for shower but I would recommend you to check with them just in case.
– Tote bag, I like this one.
– Purse to go out.
– A couple of books to read while relaxing,you can purchase them on your destination.
– I like to wear a hat (Sun in the face = freckles).
– For me, on holidays on the beach, any makeup is an extra. I would pack a nice lipstick and some mascara. It is too hot to go with a full face of makeup.
– Don’t forget headbands or elastics!
– My mini-emergency kit.
Is there anything else that you pack and think is a staple?
What is your biggest difficulty when packing?
Find the PDF here: Packingforatriptothebeach_M&O and happy packing!